CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

A couple picked me!

On February 5th 2008 (a little over a year after signing up to be an egg donor) I wrote this in my blog:

A few days after submitting my application I was called and went to the clinic and had some blood drawn, filled out paperwork, and spent about 2 hours touring the facility and going over the procedures.

The donation coordinator called me again about a month later and this time I went in for more blood work and an ultrasound. Then I was sent on my way and told, "The next step is just waiting for a couple to select you!"

Well, I got the call today. I got a phone call from the fertility clinic saying "Congratulations! You've been matched with a recepient couple!"

That means that out of hundreds of donor profiles somebody liked mine the best! I was choosen to give a woman in need the gift of life!! I'm excited beyond words. Apparently the couple liked my profile immediatly, and when they saw my photos the mom was excited because she thinks I look like her. Then they read the rest of my 10 page profile including all the reasons why I want to donate my eggs, and the coordinator said they knew they found the perfect match.

I was a bit concerned with the fact that I'm going to be in Hawaii in April, but they said we can start after I get back. The only bad thing the clinic told me was that I won't get paid before the wedding. lol.

I really can't wait. This means so much to me and I wish so badly that I could contact the prospective parents and tell them how happy I am. It's confidential, for obvious reasons, but if both parties agree they can meet. I would love to, but I totally understand why they might choose not to. Either way I just feel so blessed.

0 comments: