I just swallowed the first birth control pill. I'll take one every night until May 17th. Which is my sister's birthday.
I've officially begun the egg donation process!
The name of the BC pill is Apri. (How fitting that it's April.) The tablets contain 0.15 mg of desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol.
I've been on BC pills before to help with cramps. I was taking Seasonale which let me get my period every 3 months which meant cramps only 4 times a year. I loved being on BC. I never really had any of the side effects. Sure I was moody sometimes...but who isn't?!
Hopefully this will be a positive experience.
I can't get over how ironic it is that I'm taking birth control pills to help get a woman pregnant. I don't know how anyone ever figured out how this whole thing works.
I do know that I'm lucky that Pam and my family and friends and even co-workers are all so supportive of my decision to donate my eggs.
This is pretty awesome.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Birth Control Pills
Posted by Katy at 7:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was really happy to find your blog (through your comment on Rae's blog). We are currently in the middle of a donor cycle with a brand new donor (her first time). My daughter was conceived with donor eggs as well, though that donor had given five times before. Our only option with the program that we are in is anonymous donation, so we can't really talk about this with her. So, I will be interested in your perspective! I have been through IVF with my own eggs, so I understand the physical part; it's the thoughts and feelings part that we haven't a clue about.
What I would love to say to her (and to our previous donor) -- and to you -- is thank you thank you thank you. It is impossible to convey the depth of gratitude that my husband and I feel for the gift that we have received.
hey girl,
i just got done reading your blog. i don't know if i mentioned on my blog that i am a lesbian with a female partner as well.
i also blog at www.backyardmusings.wordpress.com
i created broken eggs as a means to journal about my journey with donor eggs. the other blog is about my family life.
As I wrote you earlier, i appreciate what you are doing so much. You are going to make someone a mother. no greater gift is that!!
hugs
rae
(southern california)
Post a Comment